CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

ATMm

This morning, when I was taking a shower, I was thinking what to post in my blog since I haven’t updated it for almost a week or so. My mind wondered as the water showered on me. Suddenly, it hit me.

ATM machines.

What?

No, a better question is ‘why?’

We often make mistakes that we rarely realize it. Why do we always say “ATM machines” instead of just “ATM”? “I went to the ATM machine and took out $500.” ATM means Automatic Teller Machine (at least I think it is) so by adding ‘machine’ at the end of ‘ATM’ it therefore becomes Automatic Teller Machine machine.”I went to the Automatic Teller Machine machine and took out $500.” It sounds silly. But alas, it’s our nature to make errors, no one is entirely perfect, and if there are (perfect humans), then they are not to be called human.

It can’t be helped.


0 comments: