CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life begins anew

Dulwich college.
This is where my new life begins.
Ivyholme.
My new 'home' for the next 19 months.
Alim Mustafa.
A name given by the people here. 'Abdul' and 'bin' has been omitted.

Hello.
I have been staying in Dulwich college for 9 days. So people have been asking me; camnatah ko di sana?ok? sekulah macamana? boarding house macamana? Bla bla bla...
Obviously, I'm ok, I'm not hurt, I'm not dead, I'm not lonely..umm..most of the time..I'm not in distress..even though I sometimes whine about a few things..but overall,I'm just fine.

Ivyholme is the name of the boarding house that I'm staying in. The are lots of people from different countries living here, a majority of them are from China while others are from various other places like Poland, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, Korea and some others, they are all friendly people. Ivyholme is actually better than I expected, I thought it would be something like the PJN hostel (not that the PJN hostel is bad or anything) but it's more luxurious than I thought; I have my own room and bathroom, our common room have a pool table and a fuzzball thing, we have a TV room and a computer room, we have 4 kitchen on each floor, we have our laundry room and let me tell you, doing laundry here is so damn easy, you just dump your clothes in the washing machine, press a button, wait 40mins, then dump clothes in the tumbler, press button, and it's done! simple =P The food here is nice too.

School is probably the boring-est part, it's not because of the subjects and all, it's because that I got no friends, I have friends but they're in a different class, it's hard to socialize here, the people here are nice and all but...I just can't socialize well, I just don't fit in...hmm..

I'm currently taking 4 subjects; Maths, Further maths, Physics and design & technology. Here, if you take F.Maths, then Maths will be included in your F.maths syllabus ('syllabus' here is called 'modules'). So to put it in a way, My F.Maths IS both maths. We have 3 teachers for Maths and each teacher teaches different modules (C1,M1,S1). So far, the lessons are ok, it's not too hard because most of the stuff I'm currently learning is the stuff that I've already learned before. Physics too, have 2 teachers, each teaching different modules. Design & technology or 'DT' is my favorite subject because you can make cool things - the other day I made a flashlight out of circuit boards, batteries, wires, resistors, all the electronic stuff. I know it's not a big deal but it really satisfies the inner inventor in me. =D

That's all fer now.

0 comments: