CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Saliva solution

Hear me out. This afternoon I was about to do Zuhur prayer, and obviously before that I need to wudhu ( not sure about the spelling), so I did. Just when I was about to wash my foot -which is like the final thing to do in the wudhu act - something undesirable happened..irritating you might call it..I saw an ink mark at the tip of my thumb which I didn't notice before. We all know that -well not 'we', it's for all muslims I mean- in order for your wudhu to be 'accepted', the wudhu water needs to be in contact with the parts that need wudhu-ing ( need to find a better word than this), and wudhu-ing (I seriously need to replace this with a better word) with a damn ink mark on your thumb hinders your wudhu to be 'accepted' and since your wudhu wasn't 'accepted' your prayer will not be 'accepted' as well. So as a responsible muslim *kirai2*, I need to get rid of the ink mark.


Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as I expected. I spent around 5 minutes trying to wash the mark off, but the stubborn ink mark just wouldn't disappear. As if it was taunting me, sticking out its tongue, calling me names. I tried everything; water, soap, water and soap, acid (well maybe not acid, that's just extreme), but to no avail. Out of desperation (more like frustration) I spat on my thumb, on the ink mark. I Attempted to wipe the thing off with my saliva and lo and behold it worked. It goatdamn monkeyfuckin' worked, I mean what the hell man? Saliva? The ink mark vanished in just a few rubs with my spit? For a second I thought my saliva has some sort of magical powers, but then reality slapped me at the face; it can't possible, I'm no Jesus.

I then ponder for a while; how come my saliva worked? Why is it more effective in wiping-off ink marks than water and soap combined? Maybe it was divine intervention? No can't be. There must be a scientific reason. Perhaps, it is the contents of saliva and ink that enabled it to do so. Yes. That must be it.

Interested, I went on a quest to the holyland of the internet to find the answer. I typed-in words like "saliva and ink", "saliva can make ink vanish", "how to remove ink", "can saliva remove ink" and "please give me a goatdamn answer" on the google searchbar, and yet again google has disappointed me. One search result came close though. She (I assume it's a she since they're talking about skirts. Sexist? I know, but, reasonable) mentioned something about saliva's effectiveness to remove ink but she doesn't know why.

Driven by curiousity, I searched to find out the contents of ink and the composition of saliva hoping that my normal-but-sometimes-can-be-clever mind can infer something from them. Sadly, due to my limited knowledge on biology and chemistry I can infer nothing more than "what the fuck is this??". Alas, I have resorted to this: I need you, yes YOU, who's probably smarter than me, to help me to find the answer to this question of mine. Just drop something in my c-box. Don't worry, if you are able to find an anwser, you will earn the right to brag "I am probably smarter than Alim", a reward I dare say is better than receiving a nobel prize.

By the way, have anyone seen my stapler? Just when I need it, it's gone.


God works in scientific ways that can't be explained yet.


0 comments: